June 5, 2020
Beginning June 8th, we will be opening our lobbies with some safety precautions.
Our hours will be:
Lobby: Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Drive-thru: Monday - Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm, Fridays 8:30am-5:30pm, Saturdays 9:00am-1:00pm
Here's what you can expect:
- If you are or have been sick, please do not enter our lobby.
- We have enhanced cleaning schedules throughout the day.
- Our team will be wearing masks and use plexiglass barriers.We ask that you wear a mask if you are medically able to.
- One of our team members will greet you at the door to check your ID and monitor the capacity limit.
- Please use our floor stickers to maintain a safe distance between others in our lobby.
- Our Member Service Representatives may experience high traffic volumes, so to keep up with our excellent service, we highly recommend calling or texting "appointment" to (616) 451-4567 to eliminate waiting in lines.
Do the Wave
While we won’t be shaking hands or giving out high fives, we’ll be greeting you with our WMCU Wave! We still will be cheering you on and celebrating milestones with you, but it will just look a little different.
Not able to or comfortable stopping in? We have eServices to help you bank from home! Learn more about how you can transfer money, pay bills, and deposit checks wherever you are.
May 18, 2020
On May 18, all of our lobbies will be open by appointment only to make sure our priorities remain to be the safety of our team and members, as well as your experience with us. To keep your wait time to a minimum, please call or text “appointment” to 616-451-4567.
To ensure safety of our team and members:
- Our team will be wearing masks and will work behind plexiglass barriers.
- We ask that any members and visitors wear a mask if possible.
- We will be sanitizing workstations before and after every member.
- Due to social distancing, we will limit the lobby to those necessary for each transaction.
- We will have all members wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering our branch, as well as getting their temperature checked and fill out a brief questionnaire to ensure no one entering our building, including our team, has recently traveled, experienced any symptoms, or been exposed to someone who is ill. Those that answer yes to any of the above will be asked to reschedule, use our drive-thru, or utilize our eServices.
April 23, 2020
On April 23, 2020, Governor Gretchen Whitmer and the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS) announced a new partnership (MiMortgage Relief Partnership) with financial institutions to ensure that no one experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 will lose their home during this crisis.
If you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, please reach out to us to access relief on your mortgage.
For those that apply for this relief and reach an agreement with us, we will:
- Provide a 90-day grace period for your mortgage payment. If you’ve previously been approved for 60 days, we will extend it to 90 days.
- Eliminate any fees on your mortgage that you have received due to the crisis.
- Not initiate any new eviction or foreclosure proceedings for 60 days.
- Not report adverse credit scoring information or delinquencies on your mortgage based upon accessing relief. Financial institutions will report other credit information consistent with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) or other federal agency guidance.
- Be flexible with any issues surrounding your payment, including taxes, insurance, and escrow.
If you are having a hard time getting through by calling us at 1-800-442-4576, please leave a voicemail or send an email to CUinfo@WestMichiganCU.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Your mortgage may be federally backed by Freddie Mac and be subject to different COVID-19 relief requirements. When you call for a relief option, we will walk through your specific relief options available to you depending on the type of mortgage you have. To learn more about relief requirements for federally-backed mortgages, visit the Freddie Mac website.
At the end of the day, each of us at the credit union are following our passion of the credit union movement: “People Helping People”. We are understanding of your needs during this time and want to do our best to make sure you don’t have to worry about losing your home during this crisis. If you have any concerns, please reach out and remember we’re stronger together.
Thank you and Stay Safe,
March 23, 2020
Governor Whitmer has signed the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order, in which all non-essential businesses will temporarily close from 12:01 am on March 24, 2020 for at least the next three weeks. As a financial institution, West Michigan Credit Union is deemed as an essential business to be able to allow you to still have access to your money.
All credit union branches will be limited to drive-thru only transactions, effective March 20, 2020 at 2:00pm due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will remain OPEN in the drive-thru, by phone, or by using our eServices. We strive to do our best to keep our members and team members safe. Rest assured, your money is protected by the NCUA, which means deposits up to $250,000 are federally insured.
How we can continue to serve you:
Drive-Thru or Night Deposit: Visit our Drive-Thru during business hours or Night Deposit at any time (available in all offices).
Night Deposit: Drop off your payment or deposit
Drive-Thru: Make deposits, withdrawals, or perform everyday transactions or account maintenance.
- 1319 Front Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- 825 Division Street, Big Rapids, MI 49307
- 4795 220th Ave, Reed City, MI 49677
- 215 Bell Ave, Cadillac, MI 49601
- 316 Care Center Drive, Manistee, MI 49660
Shared Branch Drive-Thru (this does not include use of their ATM without a fee). Please call the Shared Branch credit union prior to traveling to verify access. Find a Shared Branch near you.
Debit Card: Avoid touching cash by requesting a debit card to use funds from your checking account.
Fee-Free ATM Network: Use your WMCU debit or credit card at a Jeanie ATM. Find a Jeanie Fee-Free ATM near you.
Online Banking: check balances, transfer money, pay bills, or apply for a loan. To get started, contact us for a temporary password and then visit WestMichiganCU.com and click “login”.
CU*Talk: Our 24/7 automated phone service is available to check balances, transfer money, and verify cleared checks and transactions by calling 1-866-267-4729
Additional help we can offer:
To us, you aren’t just a member of our credit union. You’re a member of our community. During this trying time, we want to do everything we can to help you. If COVID-19 has affected your financial security, please reach out to us. We may be able to offer the following:
- An Overdraft Protection Express (OPE) loan or personal loan
- Green Path: Our financial wellness partner offers free calls to WMCU members. If you have had an adjustment to your income, need to discuss debt management, or need any other financial advice, please call Green Path at 1-877-337-3399
- Payment extensions: utilize the chance to defer a loan payment for free.
If you have additional needs, please contact us at 1-800-442-4576 so we can come up with a plan for your needs.
Unfortunately, criminals wait until times like this where people are most vulnerable to try to scam them. We've highlighted the biggest scams you should be aware of.
Read More »
Working together as the most trusted resource to help our members' financial lives be simply better.