Simply Better Checking
Be Safer. Spend Smarter. It’s Simple!
Simply Better Checking makes it simple to help keep your family finances safer and take advantage of smart discounts on financial services and everyday purchases.
- One Free box of checks per calendar year
- No minimum balance requirement
- Overdraft protection, upon approval
- Visa Debit Card
- No per-check charge
- No check cashing/negotiation fees.
- Unlimited check writing
- A wide variety of check styles available at affordable prices
- Carbonless duplicate checks
- IDProtect® – better protect yourself and your family1 from fraud:
- Credit File Monitoring – daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports (registration/activation required)
- Total Identity Monitoring – monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security,
public records, real property records, telephone and many others (registration/activation required)
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request new report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert (registration/activation required)
- Credit Score – receive new single bureau credit score with every new credit report (registration/activation required)
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – access to a fraud specialist assigned to manage your case who will work with you until your credit and identity are restored
- Identity Theft Recovery Case Plan – to inform you of the recovery process
- Up to $10,000 Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage2
- Debit and Credit Card Registration (registration/activation required)
- Online Identity Theft News Center and Valuable Phone and Web Resources (registration/activation required)
- Up to $10,000 of 24-hour Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance2,3
- Cellular Telephone Protection2 (Cellular telephone bill must be paid through this account.)
- Debit Advantage™ Buyer’s Protection and Extended Warranty2 (Item(s) must be purchased in full with eligible checking account)
- Travel and Leisure Discount Membership (registration/activation required)
- Health Discount Savings4 – enjoy savings on vision, prescriptions, dental (registration/activation required)
- $hopping RewardsTM (registration/activation required)
All of these benefits are included with Simply Better Checking for a $4 monthly account fee! If you have any questions about Simply Better Checking, please contact us at 1.800.442.4576.
As noted above some of the benefits of Simply Better Checking require a no-fee registration and must be requested or activated. If you are a Simply Better Checking account holder and have questions related to the security and savings benefits listed above, or need assistance with registration and activation, visit www.eClubOnline.net or call 1-866-210-0361.
1 IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking
account owners, their joint account owners and their eligible family members. The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
2 Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance.
3 If you wish to update a beneficiary or name a beneficiary, please contact West Michigan Credit Union to complete a beneficiary form. Otherwise, if there is no designated beneficiary on file, benefits will be paid according to the Master Policy. For questions regarding claims or your coverage, call 1-866-210-0361.
4This is NOT insurance.
Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.
A WMCU Visa Debit Card will allow members to purchase merchandise or pay for services anywhere Visa is accepted, in place of a paper check. It’s much safer than carrying cash and more convenient than waiting to have checks approved/cleared. Your purchases will be withdrawn from your checking account. Important Visa Debit Card Fraud Alert Information.
Lost/Stolen Card: If your Visa is lost or stolen, please call 1-800-528-2273 immediately.
For after hours cardholder support, please call 866-664-9364.
eGuard/ 3D Secure – Shop online with confidence with our VISA debit cards. Your WMCU debit card is automatically enrolled so we can ensure you are safe while shopping online. This extra layer of security is risk based and will only go into effect when activity is suspicious. When you make a purchase online that triggers eGuard/ 3D Secure to go into effect, you may be asked to verify your card through the following:
- Signature panel (CVV2 code)
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Expiration Date on Card
If we have your mobile phone number on file, you will receive a one-time passcode to use instead.
VISA Purchase Alerts – A free Service for all VISA cardholders (with VISA credit, debit, or reloadable prepaid cards such as our travel cards). You may create an account to receive purchase alerts directly to your email or by text message. Once you enroll into VISA Purchase Alerts, you will receive alerts for transactions immediately, so you can spot fraudulent activity right away.
Enrollment steps are as easy as 1-2-3!
- Check your card eligibility
- Create your account
- Choose your account settings
You may register up to 10 VISA card numbers. For more information and to create an account, visit Visa.com/PurchaseAlerts.
West Michigan Credit Union has partnered with Jeanie to provide use of their network of surcharge free ATMs! That means that when you use your West Michigan Credit Union Debit Card at any ATM displaying the Jeanie logo, you will not be charged a fee for your withdrawal. Click here to find a location nearest to you!
When giving your account number for automatic payments to or from your account, use your account number plus the three-digit suffix (000 – savings, 080 – checking). For example, if you would like to use your checking suffix on account 12345, your account would be 12345080.
The West Michigan Credit Union Routing Number: 272481004