With the help from all of our Hunger Heroes, we were able to raise over $1500 combined in support of Feeding America West Michigan, Project Starburst, and the Northwest Food Pantry.
The additional assistance for our local food banks has been so important in recent months due to households struggling with unemployment during these difficult times. We greatly appreciate all of the efforts from our members to support our communities and families!
Feeding America West Michigan
Thank you for your support! With your help, together we were able to raise:
56,000 meals for neighbors in need through Feeding America West Michigan from our Hearts Building Homes program in 2020. West Michigan Credit Union pledged $100 to Feeding America West Michigan for every mortgage or home equity loan closed in 2020.
Helen DeVos Children's Hospital
With your help, together we were able to raise:
$5,875 for Helen DeVos Children's Hospital from running our December Skip-a-Payment proceeds. This donation will go directly to bettering the lives of their patients and family members.
You paid to skip your December payment and we donated it right back to the community. Thank you for your support and participation in 2020.
This past year, West Michigan Credit Union has been involved with:
- Advocates for Senior Issues
- Big Rapids Public Schools
- Cadillac Public Schools
- CMN Hospitals’ Credit Unions For Kids® (Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital)
- Feeding America West Michigan
- FiveCap Toys for Tots
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Hemlock Park of Big Rapids
- Homeward Bound Animal Shelter
- Kid's Food Basket
- Lion’s Club
- Manistee Public Schools
- Manistee United Way
- Mecosta Co. Habitat For Humanity
- Missaukee Humane Society
- Munson Healthcare Foundation
- Northwest Food Pantry
- Pack 174 of Reed City
- Power of the Purse
- Project Starburst
- Reed City Little League
- Reed City Public Schools
- Reed City Rotary Club
- Salvation Army Angel Tree
- Special Olympics Michigan
- Spectrum Health Foundation
- Susan P. Wheatlake Cancer and Wellness Fund
- Warriors Set Free
- West Grand Neighborhood Organization
- Youth Attention Center
If you are interested in getting involved or have an opportunity for WMCU, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working together as the most trusted resource to help our members' financial lives be simply better.