Simply Better Checking
Be Safer. Spend Smarter. It’s Simple!
Simply Better Checking makes it simple to help keep your family finances safer and take advantage of smart discounts on financial services and everyday purchases. If you're looking to get the most out of your money and your checking account, Simply Better Checking is the best option for you.
- No minimum balance requirement
- No per check charge
- Overdraft protection, upon approval
- Visa Debit Card
- IDProtect® – better protect yourself and your family1 from fraud:
- Credit File Monitoring – daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports (registration/activation required)
- Total Identity Monitoring – monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security,
public records, real property records, telephone and many others (registration/activation required)
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request new report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert (registration/activation required)
- Credit Score – receive new single bureau credit score with every new credit report (registration/activation required)
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – access to a fraud specialist assigned to manage your case who will work with you until your credit and identity are restored
- Identity Theft Recovery Case Plan – to inform you of the recovery process
- Up to $10,000 Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage2
- Debit and Credit Card Registration (registration/activation required)
- Online Identity Theft News Center and Valuable Phone and Web Resources (registration/activation required)
- Up to $10,000 of 24-hour Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance2,3
- Cellular Telephone Protection2 (Cellular telephone bill must be paid through this account.)
- Debit Advantage™ Buyer’s Protection and Extended Warranty2 (Item(s) must be purchased in full with eligible checking account)
- Travel and Leisure Discount Membership (registration/activation required)
- Health Discount Savings4 – enjoy savings on vision, prescriptions, dental (registration/activation required)
- $hopping RewardsTM (registration/activation required)
All of these benefits are included with Simply Better Checking for a $4 monthly account fee! If you have any questions about Simply Better Checking, please contact us at 1.800.442.4576.
As noted above some of the benefits of Simply Better Checking require a no-fee registration and must be requested or activated. If you are a Simply Better Checking account holder and have questions related to the security and savings benefits listed above, or need assistance with registration and activation, visit www.eClubOnline.net or call 1-866-210-0361.
1 IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking
account owners, their joint account owners and their eligible family members. The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
2 Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance.
3 If you wish to update a beneficiary or name a beneficiary, please contact West Michigan Credit Union to complete a beneficiary form. Otherwise, if there is no designated beneficiary on file, benefits will be paid according to the Master Policy. For questions regarding claims or your coverage, call 1-866-210-0361.
4This is NOT insurance.
Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.
Working together as the most trusted resource to help our members' financial lives be simply better.