DEBIT CARD OVERDRAFT PROTECTION
What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees:
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that comes with checking accounts.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or an overdraft protection express loan, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
Contact us to learn more about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number.
- Automatic bill payments
We DO NOT authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions, unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means that we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if West Michigan Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want West Michigan Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, complete the form below, visit any of our branches, or mail the info below to 1319 Front N.W., Grand Rapids, MI 49504.
What if I want to revoke my authorization to pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
You have the right to revoke the payment of your overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit transactions at any time by phone 1-800-442-4576, by mail to 1319 Front N.W., Grand Rapids, MI 49504, or in person at any of our branches.
Overdraft Protection Opt-In Form
Working together as the most trusted resource to help our members' financial lives be simply better.